Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My Scars.

Here's the latest of, well, I'm not quite sure what. But I've been thinking a lot lately about the time when I show my physical scars to that guy for the first time. I know, it probably sounds all rather trvial, but I often wonder how the whole thing would play out. Would I have the courage to do it? Would he be repulsed and run?



I won't lie and say I'm not afraid
And maybe I won't even pretend to be brave
With you, it's so hard to run from my past
It's only a matter of time before I say the wrong thing
That little something that makes you want to leave
So as long as I've got you here, I'll ask...

If I showed you all my scars
Would you turn your cheek and look the other way?
If I let down my guard
Would you stay?
'Cause I've got flaws that are too easy to see
Could you ever see the real me?
I want to show you my scars and everything that I am
But really, I want none of it to matter in the end

Some people spend their whole lives searching
While I've spent my whole life running
In trying to find you, I lost myself
I built these walls all around, to keep me safe inside
But when you took my hand, it was so easy to realize
The only way in is out

If I showed you all my scars
Would you turn your cheek and look the other way?
If I let down my guard
Would you stay?
'Cause I've got flaws that are too easy to see
Could you ever see the real me?
I want to show you my scars and everything that I am
But really, I want none of it to matter in the end

I've never been this vulnerable before
As I sit here with your eyes on me
I don't want my scars to be the reason you someday walk away
So forgive me for trying to be sure...

If I showed you all my scars
Would you turn your cheek and look the other way?
If I let down my guard
Would you stay?
'Cause I've got flaws that are too easy to see
Could you ever see the real me?
I want to show you my scars and everything that I am
But really, I want none of it to matter in the end

I won't lie and say I'm not afraid
But things change, so maybe this time I'll be brave




xoxo,

26 comments:

  1. beautiful poem/song it's amazing
    it would be an honor for you to come to my blog, and follow or even just leave a comment, thank you
    xoxo
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would make such an amazing song. And the pictures accompanying it are lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we all build walls of protection and brave indeed it is to let another in, but great are the rewards no doubt x

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful poem, really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful. If it's the right person, he will understand and love all of you...scars and all! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a beautiful poem. I love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh melissa, you just gave me goosebumps. Such lovely words!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh that is amazing, I agree with C Fashionista.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow... Sure wish I could do that...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Melissa, your blog, and recent entries have truly touched me! I must go back and read over older posts, as I am new to the blogging thing. (Slow, I know, lol.)
    No doubt, you are an inspiration to women all over the internet, who are so lucky to find your blog. :D I feel like I am just beginning to get to know a really amazing person. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, and your lovely poetry and prose with us all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. if he's 'that guy' he wont even notice there's a difference. p.s. I've been loving your recent entries.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! That's really a beautiful poem/song. I too envy those people who are so brave to always show what they truly feel or who they really are.. flawed or not. It takes a lot of courage to put down the wall and let yourself become vulnerable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful words from a beautiful person. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing! You have such a way with words. I know that you'll find that perfect someone who will think those scars are beautiful.
    xoxo,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful Writing. Do you realize that some men view scars as souvenirs?

    ReplyDelete
  17. A 'real guy' who likes, then loves you for you does just that...warts and all. of course you worry about the thoughts of others, it takes a strong person not to. The time will come.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I know that everyone who's read your poem has said this but i still had to comment lol. Your poem really touched me! It completely reflected how i feel about my relationship with my almost-boyfriend...

    great job
    -Erica

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful poem...it touched the core of my heart.It is tough for me to keep with the number of your daily posts but whenever i visit i am glad i did.Your posts make me feel sparky and acknowledge the life as it is.
    You may not realize nut you are touching upon a million lives through your powerful and tender words. Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fucking love your blog, very interesting and original compared to all those other COMMON blogs.

    You're expression and way of writing are unique and very insightful... perhaps an outcome of your supposed disability...

    Hey guess what! i too suffer (hate to use that word) from the pains of being unconventionally attractive and totally unwanted by the opposite sex.

    im 25 and NEVER dated a girl, even less have a girlfriend. We fall on the top 5% of people 25 and older who are virgins? NICe, the exclusive club

    hey, stay strong mmmk? Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello, just dropped in to checkout your blog and also introduce our Grand Opening for wholesale handbags . We offer the ultimate super selection wholesale of handbags, purses, wallet, Quilted bag, with the highest quality and the absolute lowest prices and that's a promise. We extend our invitation for you to stop on by and check our website out at : handbags, purses Thank you and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. thanks, guys! You've made my morning! :) Now if only I could figure out how one becomes a songwriter....hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  23. This made me cry, and I wasn't even sure why.
    I have so much respect for you, you're a strong, beautiful, independent woman :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this. It gave me chills. I realize that this post was written a while ago, but somehow I managed to find it today, when it was important for me to see.

    Your blog is incredible, and I always look forward to reading it every morning. Keep doing what you're doing, you're affecting so many people in the best possible way.

    You're an inspiration.
    Thank you ♥

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!

xoxo

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin