Friday, February 24, 2012

Have a cozy weekend

Happy Friday, friends! Any fun plans for the weekend? I'm excited to watch the Oscars this weekend, though I must admit that I haven't seen all the movies nominated for Best Picture. Will you be watching. And, thanks again for all those wonderful 100-word love stories you all sent me. I've got the last one scheduled for Monday, by one of my favorite people in the world -- just to give you a little hint. I hope you all have a relaxing weekend, and here are my favorite finds from the wonderful Web...

How does Mara always dress so fabulously?

A cute touch for a kid's party.

This will make your heart flutter.

Genius: Sculptures made from CDs!

Cupcakes, with a twist.


I've always wanted to have a fondue party!

Isn't this zebra scarf cute?

These spectacular ice castles have me daydreaming about a winter snowstorm.

A new study says parents are reading fewer fairy tales to their children. Thoughts?

What a neat print from 20x200.

Check out these lights!

Dessert alert: White chocolate brownies!

Whew, I'm glad I'm not the only one afraid of roller coasters.

Before & After of a beautiful bar cart.

Almaty Metro, the world's newest subway station, looks so futuristic, doesn't it?

Emerald is a pretty color.

Strong and sassy funny girls rock!

Would you sleep in these unusual beds?

The best Oscar dresses of all time. Do you have a favorite?

[Photo via That Inspirational Girl]


Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

I work all weekend AND I have homework =-( But I have Monday off, so I just need to make it till then!

A BRIT GREEK said...

I've also just finished work, only one day off for me! Love a good fondue party - have to have both chocolate and cheese-though not together!

Thanks for stopping by!

Adél said...

Dear Melissa,

I have found your blog a day ago, via Yes and Yes. I am your newest and biggest fan. Your writing is so beautiful and I also love your personality. I am so happy I have found you, new favourite blog.:)
I have fallen in love for the very first time about a month ago (I am 21.) and maybe that is why, but some of your articles really made me cry. In a good way.:)
Now I have to rush to get ready to go out, just wanted to say hi and that you are such an awesome person.:) I am planning on writing you an e-mail soon as well, when I get back and have time.:)

Have a nice day!

(I am from Hungary.:)

Kirsteen said...

Looking forward to seeing the beautiful dresses at the oscars!

I love the cupcakes with a twist! x

Sage Parker said...

happy weekend!!! looking forward to hearing all about the oscars next week ;)

Barbara said...

You find the most amazing things!!

Have a beautiful weekend...

Jes said...

thanks for coming by my blog and leaving a comment! i love, love yours! come you come by again and follow us one day!

J. Beaudet said...

Hi Melissa! I'm so happy you popped over to visit me! Your blog is wonderful! I'm an new follower:) Have fun watching the awards, should be exciting!

Danie at Pasadya said...

I LOVE your Friday posts! Hope you have a great rest of the weekend!

Stephanie said...

Loved these links (as usual!)...and I loved Michelle Williams mustard yellow Oscar gown from 2006. STUN-NING.

Lauren Kilberg said...

So many inspiring things in these links. Also, thanks for the link to Double Takes :)

Melissa Blake said...

Hi Adel and Beaudet -- thanks for stopping by. So glad to have you here! :)

Melissa Blake said...

Lauren -- I love Double Takes! xoxo

Miss Caitlin S. said...

I watched the Oscars though I wish I had seen more of the movies! Like Hugo I had never heard of but it was all up in the Oscars!

Thank you for the Bar Cart linkage :) I love that. And I also love all of the other fun links you provided.

Charlotte said...

Less people reading fairy tales? That's not right. I love fairy tales!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin