Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Baby photos: Then & Now

For her extraordinary series Then & Now, photographer Anne Geddes revisited the babies from some of her original images "as they are today." I love how the photos, also included in her autobiography A Labor of Love, offer a glimpse of just how much we all grow and change over time. Here are a few of my favorites from the series, along with Geddes' behind-the-scenes thoughts...
Aren't these photos amazing? Don't you love the idea of a photo timeline of a person's life? Have you ever done something like this? Would you? xoxo

8 comments:

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww that is such a sweet idea. The second one totally melts my heart. Have a great day, dear.

Kirsteen said...

These are so sweet. I have so many pictures of my two little ones, they grow up so quickly and I love looking back at their tiny baby photos.

Liesl said...

Oh my goodness, I loved Anne Geddes growing up and think this is such a great idea for her to revisit them! Thank you for sharing this! :)

Melissa Blake said...

Awww, that is so sweet, Kirsteen! xoxo

April said...

this reminds me of last week at the book store when i saw a book full of pictures of adults recreating pictures of them and their siblings that had been taken when they were little kids. it was so funny to see fully grown adults in child-like situations and you really see how unique those childhood pictures are!

Emma Vidmar said...

i love ideas like this, but i wonder if i'd have the patience/memory to finish it!

jemmza.blogspot.com

Jenny in Ohio said...

wow, this is pretty cool! I haven't seen this project before. I must admit, I always thought Anne Geddes was a little....cheesey. But it's neat that she's revisiting some of the babies she took pictures of years and years ago.

Melissa Blake said...

April, that sounds like such a sweet book! :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin