Gemma Correll pretty much captured the way I'm feeling this morning. The minute I stepped outside, I was hit with that sort of windy, biting, blistery cold air that only reminds you of one thing: It's still winter. Although this Midwestern winter has been tame compared to years past, this week brought downright bone-chilling temps -- the kind that make you want to curl up on the couch and perfect your British accent while enjoying a Downton Abbey marathon (which I did...). But, we can't hibernate all winter. So, in the name of staying warm, here are my top picks for those cold days...
1. Pow-pow mittens, $472. Fleece slippers, $22
3. Sunbeam electric blanket, $44.95
4. Foods like nuts, which are high in healthy fats, help the body regulate its temperature. My go-to nut? The classic peanut.
5. Williams-Sonoma hot chocolate, starting at $6.99
6. Hearty winter soup (tomato is my favorite)
7. A warm bubble bath ($9) will prepare your body for sleep.
8. LOTS of sunshine to make your soul smile -- it's free!
What do you think, friends? What would you add? Anything special on your "winter must-have" list? xoxo