Tuesday, July 29, 2014

32

With my birthday coming up in less than one week (can you tell I'm excited, as usual?!?!?), I've age on the brain. I suppose it's only natural. And then I found the beginning of these lyrics that I started nearly a year ago, and I couldn't resist doing a parody of Taylor Swift's 22, which is one of my favorite songs. It's so interesting to compare and see just how much your life can change in the span of a single decade. Granted, my version is meant to be tongue-in-cheek, but it still holds true, don't you think, friends? xoxo
It feels like the perfect night
To play some yahtzee
And bake homemade cookies
Oh yeah, oh yeah
It feels like one of those nights
To Facebook-stalk my ex and pretend I don't care

Because we're overworked, overwhelmed and overanalytical
We're still trying to figure out who we're meant to be, oh yeah
Because every time we look in the mirror, we wonder why life didn't turn out like Sex and the City

Here we goooo...

I can't be the only one who
Can't believe they're 32
Let me put my glasses on and try to find my lost youth
You can't move forward without looking back
Am I turning into my mom
Did I really just say that?
Guess I'll just keep enjoying the ride
And keep grooving like I'm 32, 32, 32

It feels like the perfect night
For a tall glass of root beer
But not with caffeine because it keeps me awake
oh no, oh no
It feels like the perfect night to have a heart-to-heart with my cat
He's the only one who's ever understood me anyways

Here we goooo...

I can't be the only one who
Can't believe they're 32
Let me put my glasses on and try to find my lost youth
You can't move forward without looking back
Am I turning into my mom
Did I really just say that?
Guess I'll just keep enjoying the ride
And keep grooving like I'm 32, 32, 32

Tonight, tonight, tonight
We'll throw caution, caution, caution to the wind, wind, wind
Everything will be alright, alright, alright
Just as long as we're in bed by 10

I can't be the only one who
Can't believe they're 32
Let me put my glasses on and try to find my lost youth
You can't move forward without looking back
Am I turning into my mom
Did I really just say that?
Guess I'll just keep enjoying the ride
And keep grooving like I'm 32, 32, 32

I can't be the only one who
Can't believe they're 32
What's girl to do
When she realizes she's really 32, 32, 32??

[Photo via We Heart It]

2 comments:

suburban prep said...

It sounds cliche but 32 is young.
I wish you all the best for a wonderful day and year.

meanderingfaerie said...

Love this!! Your blog is excellent.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin